GDPR / Cookie acceptance [about our cookies] • • • Cookies expire in a week!
UK destinations you wished you'd visited sooner.
 
UK destinations you wished you'd visited sooner.
Posted by grahame at 15:31, 7th October 2026
 
from https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/uk-destinations/article/guides



Now I'm not sure if they're looking for places you haven't yet visited ... or places that you didn't visit until your 40s when they would have been fun in your 20s.

I have been so ... lucky ... and was, earlier, to visit just about all UK destinations I might wish. For places I haven't visited - perhaps Lindisfarne ... Orkneys, Shetlands, Outer Hebrides.    Wish I had seen earlier?   Perhaps Bath and other places to the south west of there/here which I never really knew until I moved down this way in around 1982.

Re: UK destinations you wished you'd visited sooner.
Posted by johnneyw at 20:48, 7th October 2026
 
The trouble with this sort of question is that of opportunity cost.  Time and money dictate that I can't visit everywhere and how can I say that my life would be richer now if at any particular time I'd visited B instead of A?  Perhaps one or two other life choices may be more debatable however.   

Re: UK destinations you wished you'd visited sooner.
Posted by JayMac at 21:34, 8th October 2026
 
Northern Ireland.

Re: UK destinations you wished you'd visited sooner.
Posted by Chris from Nailsea at 22:16, 8th October 2026
 
Also, (my going off at a bit of a tangent - yet again): Republic of Ireland (Eire).

Particularly Munster, Kerry and Cork.

Re: UK destinations you wished you'd visited sooner.
Posted by IndustryInsider at 22:38, 8th October 2026
 
Solihull anyone?

Re: UK destinations you wished you'd visited sooner.
Posted by Western Pathfinder at 22:44, 8th October 2026
 
Worked there for a time in my younger days at The Rover Company,had digs in Knowle which was nice !however I have no desire to return anytime soon.

Re: UK destinations you wished you'd visited sooner.
Posted by Chris from Nailsea at 22:48, 8th October 2026
 
Camborne, midweek. 


Re: UK destinations you wished you'd visited sooner.
Posted by grahame at 05:16, 9th October 2026
 
I stuck with UK destinations on this one - because that's what Which? was asking and because the forum has in the past demonstrated (IMHO) that whilst there is a wider interest in some places further afield, it's much more or a specialist thing between a select group. 

Railwise, I do love travelling around in Ireland, and my "wish list" / "never been there" must include Colraine, Portrush and Derry which ARE UK.

Re: UK destinations you wished you'd visited sooner.
Posted by bobm at 09:53, 9th October 2026
 
Solihull anyone?

I have to go there a couple of times a year and travel to a venue just by the motorway at Copt Heath. The town centre is not much different to many others, but bright and clean.   I have always been struck when travelling out to the meeting on the bus how the area appears to be almost free of all graffiti.   

 
The Coffee Shop forum is provided by customers of Great Western Railway (formerly First Great Western). The views expressed are those of the individual posters concerned. Visit https://www.gwr.com for the official Great Western Railway website. Please contact the administrators of this site at admin@railcustomer.info if you feel that the content provided by one of our posters contravenes our posting rules. Our full legal statment is at https://www.greatwesternrailway.info/legal.html

Although we are planning ahead, we don't know what the future will bring here in the Coffee Shop. We have domains "firstgreatwestern.info" for w-a-y back and also "greatwesternrailway.info"; we can also answer to "greatbritishrailways.info" too. For the future, information about Great Brisish Railways, by customers and for customers.
 
Current Running
GWR trains from JourneyCheck
 
 
Code Updated 11th January 2025